To volunteer or not to volunteer… Joel Jong Clemente‘s, response was a resounding “Y”- “YES”. Jesuit Volunteer Batch 11 (1990-91), now a supervising nurse based in Texas, Joel shares his experiences and learnings he had during his volunteer year as socio-pastoral worker/parish nutrition volunteer in a fifth (5th) class municipality province in the Visayas region.
FB LIVE INTERVIEW ON FEB 13, 10 AM MANILA TIME. Get reminder or CLICK THIS LINK TO COMMENT LIVE https://www.facebook.com/makemoneyandmeaning/videos/491177468248505/
He testifies, “My JVP year cannot be compared with money matters as it prepared me to be the kind of man I am for my family, for other people and most especially for God doing His mission to make this treacherous world a better place to live with – in my own little ways… Once a JVP volunteer, will always be a JVP volunteer for life. Service, Solidarity, Simplicity, Spirituality, and Social Justice -all intertwined For God and Country.”
Together with JESUIT VOLUNTEERS PHILS. (JVP) FOUNDATION, he invites graduating college students, young professionals, (single, ages 21-35) to share one year one year of their lives in serving underserved communities (indigenous peoples, farmers, fisherfolks) as teachers, youth organizers, counselors, parish workers, community organizers.
JVP Batch 41 service year: May 2020 – April 2021 . Application form http://bit.ly/JVPBatch41VSPApplicationPack Deadline: March 15, 2020. For more info: visit Jesuit Volunteers Philippines website: http://www.jvpfi.org, FB page: https://www.facebook.com/JVPFI/ call (02) 8426-5908 or 0917-878-6922.
- A Fresh Talent to Watch - His plan now is to direct independent and mainstream TV and film productions.
- Adventure is out there.. and so is Advertising! - by Carl Andrei A. Castro Seeing how advertising is full of adventure a lot of things can de done and innovated So come with me as I venture The field where creativity is created
- blueridge divas goes paragliding - As a photo-video documentarist, I aim to photograph what is present and not manipulate anything to enhance beauty; the photos are beautiful because the subjects are.
- colegio de san agustin batch ’90 hoMecoMing - Yvette Fernandez posted 27 new photos with Carlos P. Celdran and 27 others commenting: Always so much fun to come home to Colegio San Agustin. Congratulations, Batch ’90. Thanks for such a fun party! ❤❤❤
- Confessions of an Ex-Jesuit - A Journey to Wellness Book 1: Faith, Communication and Healing
- DISPLAY YOUR SHOES AT THE MARIKINA MUSEUM - Why not? After all it's not just your shoes that will be remembered but more importantly, your contribution to history will be cherished...
- educators free screening herMano puli - A historical drama film about Hermano Puli—the revolutionary legend of Quezon we know little about. Be among the first to watch this important film for free!
- educators welcoMed in herMano puli screening - Bayani Ba'to?
- entertainMent news - Eraserheads launches their two new songs! Watch the news HERE. Read other posts by Cim
- filipina 1st tiMe Middle east traveler insight - Jea Torres, recently an overseas contract worker in Dubai, posted on her facebook a photo of her near a mosque. She commented a profound insight "To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."
- filipino actor: history can be entertaining - Filipino lead actor of Heneral Luna, John Arcilla, assures moviegoers that they "can experience entertainment and beauty in historical films just like they would in romantic comedies." In fact, he says, "they can get even more."
- filipino farMers’ plight on filM - The first-ever ToFarm Film Festival Philippines, featuring 6 films ---‘Pilapil’ ‘Pitong Kabang Palay’ ‘Free Range’ ‘Kakampi’ ‘Pauwi Na’ ‘Paglipay’ --- that aims to dramatize farm life through a variety of film genres including drama and comedy, as well as thriller and fantasy are being exhibited until July 19, 2016
- FREE SCREENING OF HENERAL LUNA FOR EDUCATORS - Sucesos Filipinas invites educators to a free advance screening of Heneral Luna on August 26 12:00 - 4:00 PM at the Little Theater, College of Arts & Sciences, University of the Philippines, Manila.
- gil portes: how did I get involved with herMano puli? - DGPI director of film narrates genesis of Rex Tiri movie production at the Sucesos Walking Tours, DAKILA Bayani ba to? Educators' screening August 19, 2016 GSIS Theater, Roxas Blvd
- herMano puli showing sept. 21, 2016 - Featuring Interview with Rex Tiri Executive Producer Official Sountrack by Let Gravity Sucesos Walking Tours Educators' Screening of the historical film "HERMANO PULI" August 19, 201
- history prof: filipinos should be disturbed! - UP Manila history professor said in his introduction to educators before the advance special screening of film HENERAL LUNA, “If you’re not moved by Heneral Luna, something’s wrong with you… You should be disturbed!”
- how do we write sex today? - Anvil Publishing and partners (Sweep, Adarna House, ABS-CBN Publishing, Ateneo de Manila University Press, C1 Originals, The Manila Review, Precious Pages, Summit Media, Team, Tahanan, University of Santo Tomas, Vispirint, Young Blood, Young Star) Invite the general public to join Bambina Olivares, Mina Esguerra and Pammy Godoy for the: “How Do We Write Sex Today” talk at the Philippine Literary Festival on August 29, 2015, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Namayan Room, Raffles Makati.
- ignacio de loyola & one Meralco foundation - their collaboration brings forward both organizations’ thrust to uplift and bring light to Filipino’s lives
- ignacio de loyola in new york - U.S. and Canadian theaters, Friday, Aug 26 Please share!
- ignacio de loyola Meets the press - 'IGNACIO' is an incisive and thrilling look at the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola or Ignacio, founder of the Society of Jesus, as told by a young priest who was once assigned to defend him before the Spanish Inquisition