VIP Screening of Ignacio de Loyola July 24, 2016 3pm Atmos Theater Gateway Cinema (Regular run starts July 27)
Paolo Dy’s Sinner Movie
Andreas Muñoz’s Wolf
The life of St. Ignatius hits the big screen
An inspiring epic film has been made about the amazing Iife of Ignacio de Loyola better known as St. Ignatius, founder of the Society of Jesus. The movie entitled Ignacio de Loyola chronicles Ignatius’ transformation from a brash young soldier to a man of God. It is a production by the Jesuit Communications Foundation (JesCom), the media arm of the Philippine Jesuit Province and co-presentedby the Jesuit Conference of Asia Pacific and One Meralco Foundation. Ignacio de Loyola was shot on location in Spain, the home country of St. Ignatius.
In the cast are Spanish stars Javier Godino who starred in the Oscar Best Foreign Film El Secreto de SusOjos, Isabel Garcia Lorca of Desperately Seeking Susan (that starred Madonna), Pepe Ocio of the film Camino and Julio Perillan of Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Twenty six-year old Spanish heartthrob Andreas Muñoz plays Ignacio de Loyola. Director Paolo Dy was so thrilled to be working with a stellar cast. “There were days during the shoot when I would tell myself that I must be the luckiest director in the world to be working with such a high-quality cast… I am so happy that they were able to bring so much life to the film. I don’t hesitate to say that they brought so much magic to their roles.”
Topnotch filmmakers comprise the Filipino production team. Director Paolo Dy has made short films that have received praise in the US. Also in the crew are award-winning cinematographer Lee Briones Meily and award-winning sound engineer Mike Idioma. No less than acclaimed musician Ryan Cayabyab composed the musical score performed by the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra and the Ateneo Chamber Singers.
Although an independent production, the design of the film is first-rate. Meticulous research and careful crafting were employed in making the costumes and sets. More than 400 period costumes were used and these were all sewn by first-time costume designer Juvan Bermil and his team. Additional costumes were created by designer James Reyes. It took the production design group headed by Leo Velasco, Jr. six months to make all the sets and props.
Ignacio de Loyola also utilized the latest in CGI, sound mixing and visual balancing to come up with a stunning, world-class film. It is the first Filipino production to use the Cooke Anamorphic/i lenses which give the film a sharp, subtle and smooth look. The Cooke Anamorphic/I lenses that Ignacio de Loyola used was one of only three complete sets that were in existence at the time of filming.
Last June, the first cut, work-in-progress version was unveiled to a group of religious in the Vatican. The special screening was attended by the members of the Secretariat for Vatican Communications as well as Catholic Media. Also in the audience were the Jesuit General Rev. Fr. Adolfo Nicolas, SJ, the Superior General of Saint Paul de Chartres and his council, and Fr. Antonio Spadaro SJ of the Roman Jesuit publication La Civita Cattolica who said, “I like this film so much… It is very well done. Thank you for your work!”
For Fr. Emmanuel “Nono” Alfonso SJ, head of JesCom and executive producer of Ignacio de Loyola, completing the film and showing it for theatrical release is a big blessing. He says, “When we started this project more than five years ago, we didn’t know the magnitude of the film. We were naïve! And ambitious!” he chuckles. “But support poured in and many continue to help us: friends, donors, benefactors, Jesuits from different parts of the world… all of them believe in the film’s message about change, forgiveness and the love of God.” Ignacio de Loyola opens in Philippine cinemas on July 27.
For updates, check out facebook.com/ignaciomovie at i-follow and follow ignaciomovie on Twitter and Instagram.
- A Fresh Talent to Watch - His plan now is to direct independent and mainstream TV and film productions.
- Adventure is out there.. and so is Advertising! - by Carl Andrei A. Castro Seeing how advertising is full of adventure a lot of things can de done and innovated So come with me as I venture The field where creativity is created
- blueridge divas goes paragliding - As a photo-video documentarist, I aim to photograph what is present and not manipulate anything to enhance beauty; the photos are beautiful because the subjects are.
- colegio de san agustin batch ’90 hoMecoMing - Yvette Fernandez posted 27 new photos with Carlos P. Celdran and 27 others commenting: Always so much fun to come home to Colegio San Agustin. Congratulations, Batch ’90. Thanks for such a fun party! ❤❤❤
- DISPLAY YOUR SHOES AT THE MARIKINA MUSEUM - Why not? After all it's not just your shoes that will be remembered but more importantly, your contribution to history will be cherished...
- educators free screening herMano puli - A historical drama film about Hermano Puli—the revolutionary legend of Quezon we know little about. Be among the first to watch this important film for free!
- educators welcoMed in herMano puli screening - Bayani Ba'to?
- entertainMent news - Eraserheads launches their two new songs! Watch the news HERE. Read other posts by Cim
- filipina 1st tiMe Middle east traveler insight - Jea Torres, recently an overseas contract worker in Dubai, posted on her facebook a photo of her near a mosque. She commented a profound insight "To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."
- filipino actor: history can be entertaining - Filipino lead actor of Heneral Luna, John Arcilla, assures moviegoers that they "can experience entertainment and beauty in historical films just like they would in romantic comedies." In fact, he says, "they can get even more."
- filipino farMers’ plight on filM - The first-ever ToFarm Film Festival Philippines, featuring 6 films ---‘Pilapil’ ‘Pitong Kabang Palay’ ‘Free Range’ ‘Kakampi’ ‘Pauwi Na’ ‘Paglipay’ --- that aims to dramatize farm life through a variety of film genres including drama and comedy, as well as thriller and fantasy are being exhibited until July 19, 2016
- FREE SCREENING OF HENERAL LUNA FOR EDUCATORS - Sucesos Filipinas invites educators to a free advance screening of Heneral Luna on August 26 12:00 - 4:00 PM at the Little Theater, College of Arts & Sciences, University of the Philippines, Manila.
- gil portes: how did I get involved with herMano puli? - DGPI director of film narrates genesis of Rex Tiri movie production at the Sucesos Walking Tours, DAKILA Bayani ba to? Educators' screening August 19, 2016 GSIS Theater, Roxas Blvd
- herMano puli showing sept. 21, 2016 - Featuring Interview with Rex Tiri Executive Producer Official Sountrack by Let Gravity Sucesos Walking Tours Educators' Screening of the historical film "HERMANO PULI" August 19, 201
- history prof: filipinos should be disturbed! - UP Manila history professor said in his introduction to educators before the advance special screening of film HENERAL LUNA, “If you’re not moved by Heneral Luna, something’s wrong with you… You should be disturbed!”
- how do we write sex today? - Anvil Publishing and partners (Sweep, Adarna House, ABS-CBN Publishing, Ateneo de Manila University Press, C1 Originals, The Manila Review, Precious Pages, Summit Media, Team, Tahanan, University of Santo Tomas, Vispirint, Young Blood, Young Star) Invite the general public to join Bambina Olivares, Mina Esguerra and Pammy Godoy for the: “How Do We Write Sex Today” talk at the Philippine Literary Festival on August 29, 2015, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Namayan Room, Raffles Makati.
- ignacio de loyola & one Meralco foundation - their collaboration brings forward both organizations’ thrust to uplift and bring light to Filipino’s lives
- ignacio de loyola in new york - U.S. and Canadian theaters, Friday, Aug 26 Please share!
- ignacio de loyola Meets the press - 'IGNACIO' is an incisive and thrilling look at the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola or Ignacio, founder of the Society of Jesus, as told by a young priest who was once assigned to defend him before the Spanish Inquisition
- ignacio de loyola with coMpanions - VIP Screening of Ignacio de Loyola July 24, 2016 3pm Atmos Theater Gateway Cinema (Regular run starts July 27)