July 20, 2016 3pm KKK Restaurant SM North EDSA
Paolo Dy’s Sinner Movie
Andreas Muñoz’s Wolf
‘IGNACIO’ is an incisive and thrilling look at the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola or Ignacio, founder of the Society of Jesus, as told by a young priest who was once assigned to defend him before the Spanish Inquisition. We meet the real man behind the legend, following his transformation from a brash, impulsive youth obsessed with women and sword-fighting; to the masterful, charismatic leader of an order that would change the face of Christendom.
In his lifelong quest to become the heroic Knight of his fantasies, Ignacio stares death in the face again and again, finding himself imprisoned for murder; having his leg shattered by a cannonball in battle; driven to near suicide by his inner demons; and finally finding his life in the hands of the Inquisition. Through it all, he would come to see the hand of God working in his life, shaping the self-obsessed sinner into the loyal and passionate soldier-saint.
The film also shows how Ignacio wove the trials, errors, and lessons of his eventful life into the fabric of his masterpiece, the Spiritual Exercises. Combining clarity of thought with Ignacio’s own love of fantasy and imagination, the Exercises form a rigorous method of making one’s life decisions, and have guided and influenced countless seekers throughout history.
- A Fresh Talent to Watch - His plan now is to direct independent and mainstream TV and film productions.
- Adventure is out there.. and so is Advertising! - by Carl Andrei A. Castro Seeing how advertising is full of adventure a lot of things can de done and innovated So come with me as I venture The field where creativity is created
- blueridge divas goes paragliding - As a photo-video documentarist, I aim to photograph what is present and not manipulate anything to enhance beauty; the photos are beautiful because the subjects are.
- colegio de san agustin batch ’90 hoMecoMing - Yvette Fernandez posted 27 new photos with Carlos P. Celdran and 27 others commenting: Always so much fun to come home to Colegio San Agustin. Congratulations, Batch ’90. Thanks for such a fun party! ❤❤❤
- DISPLAY YOUR SHOES AT THE MARIKINA MUSEUM - Why not? After all it's not just your shoes that will be remembered but more importantly, your contribution to history will be cherished...
- educators free screening herMano puli - A historical drama film about Hermano Puli—the revolutionary legend of Quezon we know little about. Be among the first to watch this important film for free!
- educators welcoMed in herMano puli screening - Bayani Ba'to?
- entertainMent news - Eraserheads launches their two new songs! Watch the news HERE. Read other posts by Cim
- filipina 1st tiMe Middle east traveler insight - Jea Torres, recently an overseas contract worker in Dubai, posted on her facebook a photo of her near a mosque. She commented a profound insight "To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."
- filipino actor: history can be entertaining - Filipino lead actor of Heneral Luna, John Arcilla, assures moviegoers that they "can experience entertainment and beauty in historical films just like they would in romantic comedies." In fact, he says, "they can get even more."
- filipino farMers’ plight on filM - The first-ever ToFarm Film Festival Philippines, featuring 6 films ---‘Pilapil’ ‘Pitong Kabang Palay’ ‘Free Range’ ‘Kakampi’ ‘Pauwi Na’ ‘Paglipay’ --- that aims to dramatize farm life through a variety of film genres including drama and comedy, as well as thriller and fantasy are being exhibited until July 19, 2016
- FREE SCREENING OF HENERAL LUNA FOR EDUCATORS - Sucesos Filipinas invites educators to a free advance screening of Heneral Luna on August 26 12:00 - 4:00 PM at the Little Theater, College of Arts & Sciences, University of the Philippines, Manila.
- gil portes: how did I get involved with herMano puli? - DGPI director of film narrates genesis of Rex Tiri movie production at the Sucesos Walking Tours, DAKILA Bayani ba to? Educators' screening August 19, 2016 GSIS Theater, Roxas Blvd
- herMano puli showing sept. 21, 2016 - Featuring Interview with Rex Tiri Executive Producer Official Sountrack by Let Gravity Sucesos Walking Tours Educators' Screening of the historical film "HERMANO PULI" August 19, 201
- history prof: filipinos should be disturbed! - UP Manila history professor said in his introduction to educators before the advance special screening of film HENERAL LUNA, “If you’re not moved by Heneral Luna, something’s wrong with you… You should be disturbed!”
- how do we write sex today? - Anvil Publishing and partners (Sweep, Adarna House, ABS-CBN Publishing, Ateneo de Manila University Press, C1 Originals, The Manila Review, Precious Pages, Summit Media, Team, Tahanan, University of Santo Tomas, Vispirint, Young Blood, Young Star) Invite the general public to join Bambina Olivares, Mina Esguerra and Pammy Godoy for the: “How Do We Write Sex Today” talk at the Philippine Literary Festival on August 29, 2015, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Namayan Room, Raffles Makati.
- ignacio de loyola & one Meralco foundation - their collaboration brings forward both organizations’ thrust to uplift and bring light to Filipino’s lives
- ignacio de loyola in new york - U.S. and Canadian theaters, Friday, Aug 26 Please share!
- ignacio de loyola Meets the press - 'IGNACIO' is an incisive and thrilling look at the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola or Ignacio, founder of the Society of Jesus, as told by a young priest who was once assigned to defend him before the Spanish Inquisition
- ignacio de loyola with coMpanions - VIP Screening of Ignacio de Loyola July 24, 2016 3pm Atmos Theater Gateway Cinema (Regular run starts July 27)